Saturday, June 25, 2016

Fifty Not So Nifty?

Guyana 2016!!

Thankfully, all 13 of us made it safely to Linden, Guyana. We finally got in bed after midnight (for old folk like me, that's waaaay past my bedtime), and slowly made our way up to breakfast this morning.

I may be weird, but I cannot sleep on an airplane (I envy that super power some people harness). So after almost 24 hours of being awake and travel, my body hurts. My eyes hurts. My mood hurts. Did I say my body hurts? Turning 50 a few months back was great and I am blessed, but watching the younger people this morning get up and seemingly move about with such ease left me jealous and determined. I will not let them see me struggle at all. I will be an inspiration for the younger folks, that maturing in years is easy and painless. Boy is the joke on them.......I don't know, maybe that is mean. Maybe I should caution them to take care of themselves and pace themselves. We'll see how the week goes. 😇
Please pray for us this week as we are here to sow the seeds of God's Word, that He will give the increase. Pray also for all of those here in Linden, Guyana, that they be receptive to the Gospel. I plan to post a daily update on our effort and hope to show a few pictures or short videos as bandwidth allows. Thank you so much for your continued thoughts.


.....'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment