Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great Day of Worship

Today was a great day for worship and fellowship with the Burnham Drive and Amelia's Ward congregations here in Linden, Guyana. Some of our group from Hoover went to Amelia's Ward where Joel lead Bible Study followed by Wes presenting the sermon. Of course, all of this followed much singing. Myself and Glenn lead Bible study and worship at Burnham Drive, and I tell you, after 8 years of me coming here, it is always great to come back and connect with our extended church family. I have watched some of these people go from kids to young adults and I am encouraged at how faithful they remain to the body of Christ.

We are all looking forward to a great week door knocking during the day and leading maturity classes at night. I am a little more excited this year, because it is the fist time I have ever had the privilege to go on a mission trip with my wife Suzanne, AND my daughter Mercedes, at the same time. As a bonus, Suzanne's sister, Kathleen, came along this time too. So a lot of my direct family is with me, along with my church family. Even though I have a little more responsibility with more family members to look out for and return home safely with, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

Well, maybe I better wait until the end of the week before I decide that. 😄

.......'til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment