Monday, March 4, 2013

It all Begins Today!!

Everything got set up at the clinic yesterday ready for today and hundreds of patients. We were able to have a nice dinner at Fuego, where I had Alpaca steak and I also tried some Cuy as well. That's Guinnea Pig for most people. I'll have to say I only tried a couple of small bites. There isn't much meat on the bones and you about would need to be starving to death to work that hard at getting some of it to taste. Oh yeah, it didn't taste like chicken. It tasted like rat. Not bad however, just won't be my first choice.
After dinner we got got back to the hotel a little after 9:00 PM tired and ready to go to bed only to have a puppy crying outside the window for the next hour or so. I guess me being exhausted took over as the next thing I remember it was this morning.
So here we are on Monday morning getting ready for a great, but long, day. The rest of this week will probably fly by as like any mission trip I go on, we start early, run hard and fast all day, and end late. It is a great feeling to help a lot of people and show the love of Christ.
.....'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment