Monday, July 25, 2011

It took a while for the blog to get working. The Google service kept thinking I was a hacker being out of the United States and would not let me login. I didn't do anything but it seems to be working now. So, for how everyone is doing. Several of the group ate something from the airport in Miami (chicken sandwich I think) and spent the first night, and day, trying to, let's say, get rid of it. All are doing better as we just finished lunch and not much is left on the table.
The first day of studies has been a little slow although we've all had at least two studies with more set up. Tonight will be the first night of classes and promises to be crowded. We did have some adventure today. As my group was conducting a study with a gentleman, a swarm of killer bees was disburbed by the man's neighbor. Unfortunately Mercedes, who is OK mind you, got stung 4 times and the 2 young women helping us got it a couple of times as well. At the time, neither I or the man got stung. Actually after the girls went running down the street, I was left to gather all of their supplies (purses, backpack's, pens, paper, water bottles), tell the man it's been a nice lesson and we'll be back, and then high tail it out of there myself.
So let's recount; Satan sends "Montezuma's Revenge" the first day and a swarm of Africanized honeybees on day 2. We will not be defeated!  I hope to put a few pictures up later, if their not blurry from running.
'Til next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Mike (and everyone),

    Glad you guys made it there safely -- sorry about the "obstacles" you've had to deal with already, though.

    We prayed for you yesterday at church, and we'll keep it up throughout the week. I'm looking forward to reading your updates. Thanks for the work you're doing there.

    Godspeed . . .

    In Christ,
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    Suzanne sent me an email . . . she can't post on your blog, but she's kinda worried about Mercedes. She wanted me to send you a message. Everything's okay with Mercedes, right?

    Momma's worried!

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete